Thanks to Blogilates, the abs are forming. I’ve yet to reached it but I’m on the way. I think it’s just Casey because you can’t just sit down and watch her do everything. She will make you get up and work. She makes you want to try just looking at her. So now, being my ever lazy self, I will try to not watch her videos because I know I will sweat.
I have this bad habit; I only care about the stomach area and not bother working out other parts!!! I need to change this.
Didn’t want to work out today but after typing this, I found motivation ;) Exercise, woooo!
p/s I’ve photoshop again!
I’m thankful for so many things this week.
- Got Microsoft Office for Mac from Glenn so I managed to save a lot of money! He gave me some other useful apps too. So the entire week he was “I feel like you are using me.” when just the other day, I talked to his cousin (because he doesn’t want to be the in-between) and got her a job?! Plus he can come to me for anything -psst- wide network.
- Studied with Nadhirah and it was the most productive study session I ever had. I’m an auditory learner so writing down notes does nothing to me. We went through many lectures by talking and discussing about it!
- I passed my driving! No more travelling 40 minutes to Bukit Gombak! When I started to drive I realized I forgot to put on my seat belt.. I was even more sure I have another immediate fail. Plus, the traffic police didn’t test the emergency break so when we went onto the road, I was so sure it’s an immediate fail because maybe I didn’t hear him tapping the dashboard? I thought it was compulsory for them to test it. It was all over in 15 minutes and I was preparing myself for heartbreak, disappointment and telling my mom I need another $200 for the next test. The next thing I know, he threw the paper to me and said, “Denise, you passed.” and I didn’t hear anything after those words except I have to pay $50 for my licence. The words by my favourite instructor helped a lot. I kept repeating those words, “The traffic police doesn’t fail you, you fail yourself.” So even if I were to fail, I know it’s because of me and not because the traffic police is having a bad day.
- Everybody returned the money they owed me on time. Okay wait, there’s still Jianxiong..
- Kangling was super sweet to treat me to dinner woo. To celebrate me getting my licence. We are two cool drivers now. Plus we had this long talk that beat so many talks I’ve had.
- Janelle and I are standing on the same maturity level about friends.
- Thankful that Kenny can drive and has his own car so the dungeon hunters can go everywhere and anywhere, in the middle of the night and still reach home safe.
- Always always thankful for Javis. Although he was the only person I told when my driving test was, and he totally forgot about it, he felt super proud because he has a driver girlfriend now and said, “That’s my girl!” <3
- Having super awesome tutors this semester and I am so glad. Lecture time with the PCS girls makes my life even better as well.
- With only two days of school a week, I’ll get to sleep, hopefully work more and do anything I want.
- My super long fringe that I can comb up with my hands, let it fall however it wants and I’m still a goddess, guys 8-)
Goodnight! Denise sleeps at 10 plus now because lecture starts at 8.30! It’s a love hate relationship for sleeping in. It feels good but you know you have done nothing productive and it just sucks but I know it’s the most wonderful feeling in the world to have no alarm and just rot until you are one with the bed and blankets
1. Favorite fictional couple? Dan and Serena. Everybody talks about Chair but they had to struggle to find each other too?? Actually, I have lots of favourite fictional couples..
2. Favorite fictional character? Joey
3. Favorite fictional TV show? Friends, omg.
4. Favorite fictional movie? This is annoying, I can’t think of favourite anything at the moment—The Lion King.
5. Favorite fictional villain? Ice King from Adventure Time.
6. Favorite fictional hero? Kirito from SAO.
7. Favorite fictional pet? GAUNTER FROM ADVENTURE TIME! Cutest penguin oh god.
8. Favorite fictional setting/universe? Adventure Time’s Candy Kingdom! I wanted Sword Art Online’s world then I remembered I’ll probably die in there.
9. Least favorite fictional couple? Wolverine and Jean Grey. Jean is supposed to love Scott.
10. Least favorite fictional character? Lemon Grab from Adventure Time. It annoys me everytime he screams.
11. Least favorite fictional TV show? I can’t think of anything because if I don’t like it why would I watch it.
12. Least favorite fictional movie? At the moment, is Transformers: Age of Extinction.
13. Least favorite fictional villain? Nobuyuki Sugo :x
14. Least favorite fictional hero? Tohru Honda. As much I adore her, she really is too good to be true.
15. Least favorite fictional pet? Can’t think of any. Annoying cats, I guess.
16. Least favorite fictional setting/universe? SAO.
All these talk about SAO has reminded me that I have yet to watch episode 3!!! Super. Excited.
So to list some of my favourite couples, they are: Cheon Songyi and Do Minjoon, Finn and Princess Bubblegum, Kirito and Asuna, Tohru and Yuki, Misaki and Takumi I HAVE SO MUCH MORE but I shall spare you.
Tried out levitation photography for the first time after so long! The sister was a wonderful model (or maybe because I was being kind of demanding) so taking it was a breeze. It’s taken with her 100D because I was too lazy to switch to mine. Looking at these photos have made my liking for prime lenses almost zero. Nevertheless, I’m still proud of my work! :)
Now that I have improved, I bet I can take even better levitation shots! I can’t stop looking at all the photos!!
I’ve decided to stop using third party websites to upload my photos onto my wordpress. After resizing it with Photoscape, the quality of the photos were compromised and I got so annoyed with it!
I’ll do even better next time! Wait for it.
I’ve since started school and it has been lovely. Our lecture row expanded from 3 people to 5. Another two more girls from PCS joined UOW and we had this 15 minute gathering at block B. I missed everyone. Had my first tutorial today and I love it. Tutorials are usually boring but we got this super cute (old cute, I mean) tutor so the class had this really pleasant feeling. I’ll be looking forward to this particular tutorial every week.
Met up with Serena a few days ago and I missed her so much. We went to her house to rot and it’s my favourite rotting place. We did pilates, watched Return of Superman and tons of recipe videos that made us go, “omg I can smell it. omg omg omg.” We are going to cook salmon again some day!
Yesterday, I had my date with Nadhirah! We were on a mission to get Liting’s present actually but we sort of strayed because I wanted to get something. I fasted with her because I couldn’t have her wait for me to eat my lunch. So you are supposed to eat before the sun rises but I stay too near to SIM to wake up and eat when it is still dark, lol. So I ate at 7.30am. The thing is, I forgot to drink water and I was so parched but I controlled myself!! We got the thing I wanted and now it’s well loved by uni friends. It is kind of pricey so.. remember that I am broke and my reason for buying it is really stupid. However, up till now, it has been proving itself worthy! I love it!!! I’ll slowly let you guys know what it is. Nad was like, “You should get it now, so when it becomes a trend, we would be over it already.” LOL. Yeah, IF it becomes a trend. Got Liting’s present, had some deep talks a long the way and we went home! I went home feeling satisfied and happy. Thank you, Nadhirah <3 Study together soon!!
Spent last night and tonight with Javis because he had one nights out and he booked out today! All the mini dates taken away because he had to book out on Saturday are all coming back now.
I’m using my computer on my bed just ‘cos I can do it now. SUCH LONG BATTERY LIFE. I love you.
1. Do you have any regrets? None.
2. Do you have a deep, dark secret? Nope. I’m an open book.
3. Have you ever hurt someone? Yeps. I’m a careless person.
4. Have you ever self-harmed? Nah. My body is too precious.
5. How would you like to be remembered? Yes I would but I’ll be forgotten soon enough.
6. Who are the three most important people in your life? There are four people in my family. I can’t choose like that.
7. Was there one event that changed your life and the way you think? Poly. I am so different and in a good way.
8. Would you sacrifice everything for love? Hmm, I am actually thinking really hard now but I can’t reach a conclusion. I guess I would?
9. Are you afraid of dying? Super.
10. Have you ever been abused? No. Too precious to be abused.
11. Have you ever been in love? Yes!
12. Are you happy with who you are? Yes to this too!!! I don’t want to be anyone else.
13. Would you ever give up your life to save someone else’s? I can’t choose it like that because it brings in the thought of dying but when the time arises and I have to give up my life, I would probably say yes.
14. Have you changed at all in the last year? No, not really.
15. Would you ever settle for someone you didn’t feel was “the one”? No. I always tell people never to settle. Both gets hurt in the long run.
16. Is there someone you can tell everything to without fear of judgment? Yes I have!
17. Are you pursuing your dreams? I am. Part of my dream.
18. Do actions speak louder than words? It does but words speak as well. Not everyone is contented with just words, though.
19. Is there something you would never do? Commiting suicide.
20. What makes you uncomfortable? My nails against stainless steel. Oh god, even thinking about it makes me cringe.
I love typing on Macbook keyboards. This will definitely make me blog a lot more. The font is so much prettier here as well. My day has only been getting better and better. I returned my library books only a few days late. I managed to do some studying in the library because, why waste a trip there? I found out my phone bill is $77?! If everything is within the amount given, it would just be $33. So I told my mom I would transfer her the extra and she actually told me that it is okay (omg this is totally new to me). As in, I have exceeded to like $40 or $50 before and I just suffered a little listening to her nag but I felt really guilty I exceeded until it was almost $80 (Yuanyi and I were using our phones calling each other like we were in Singapore; must be it!) so I offered to pay a little (in my broke as shit state). Plus she is in a really good mood despite losing $500 for betting on Germany’s win. Lastly, I got complimented on my blog, my photos, my writing, haha, thanks W.
This Macbook is actually from my parents and Javis. I’ve never mentioned this before but for Christmas last year, Javis gave me this leather Macbook Air sleeve with my name engraved on it in Taiwan. I wasn’t expecting that because I wanted a Macbook Pro not an Air and the thing is, I haven’t gotten it yet, lol. So on Valentine’s day, he told me he wanted to buy me a Macbook Air with the sleeve for Christmas but he wasn’t expecting Macbooks to be so expensive! Really appreciated the thought so I said that my parents, him and I will share the cost of a Macbook Pro retina display (I couldn’t get the Macbook Pro because I want to use the sleeve that he got for me and it’s too thick). So there I was, squandering away my money on food and shopping. Javis transferred me the money a long time ago and that gave me an illusion that I had a lot of money. My parents offered to pay my share because I am just really lucky to have them (and really sucky with money). After transferring Javis’ share, I AM OFFICIALLY POOR. It’s poor in my eyes although I know I still have quite a bit. I get allowance and my pay is coming in soon oh right, and the GST voucher. I’ll save them all.
So thankful for this laptop. I’ll love it a lot. My love for technology will live on.
School just started so it’s time to save money, work a little and study a lot.
1. Sexuality? There’s a really high chance I am straight.
2. If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be? My favourite young fiction author, Lisi Harrison. I have loved every single one of her books since I was 13; I just finished The Alphas series and I’m hoping NLB will stock up on the Monster High series. We can have tea together and talk about how amazing she is at connecting to teenagers
3. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17. “… this race is major. It’s life or death. Alpha Island or Staten…”
4. What do you think about most? How lucky I am.
5. What does your latest text message from someone else say? Not fated anymore omg
6. Ever had a poem or song written about you? I can’t remember, hmm… Javis and I shared many poems to each other but they are all taken from the web.
7. What’s your religion? I like to consider myself buddhist.
8. If you are outside, what are you most likely doing? Mostly eating, walking, when I am hooked onto a book, I read and walk.
9. What does your URL mean? My favourite ice-cream flavour introduced by a really special friend of mine. I felt that it was the most unique flavour in the world.
10. What is your greatest weakness? Guilt tripping. I cannot handle guilt. What’s your greatest strength? Probably my positivity. I want to be someone who gives out so much positive aura that the people around me become positive too. Hopefully I can impact someone like how J impacted Y. I’m not there yet because I am pushing positivity down people’e throats; I am aware of that.
11. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? Nope.
12. Do you have a collection of anything? CDs. I love VCDs. VCDs over DVDs anytime.
13. What’s a sound you hate; sound you love. I hate the sound of howling winds. I love shutter sound of a camera.
14. What’s your biggest ‘what if.’ What if I went to a JC instead.
15. Define art. Anything can be art. It’s how you look at it.
16. To you what is the meaning of life? Something so precious and I am really afraid of losing it.
17. What was the last book you read? The Rosie Project.
18. What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had? Dislocated my arm.
19. Do you have any obsessions right now? Luke Hemmings like from a few hours ago.
20. Love or lust? Definitely love.
21. What’s your favourite animal? Otters popped into my mind.
22. You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. A) do you tell anyone/ everyone you’re going to die? Yeah, I would tell everyone but I would do it at a time where they won’t be able to see me go. I think it will be really hard. B) What do you do with your remaining days? Spend the time with the special people in my life. C) Would you be afraid? Yes I would be freaking out every minute.
23) You can only have one of these things; trust or love. Love. Love overcomes everything. You can love someone you don’t trust. It’s hard but you can
24) What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it? Not a bad thing by Justin Timberlake.
25) In your opinion what makes a great relationship? When you cannot even think of a life without the other person anymore and you wondered how you have lived before meeting them.
26) How can I win your heart? Have a big heart. Javis is so kind.
27) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far? Choosing poly over JC.
28) What would you want to be written on your tombstone? I’ve led a great life so celebrate for me instead.
29) What is your favourite word? I think I use “omg” a lot.
30) Give me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word; heart. Red.
31) You can erase any horrible experience from your past, what will it be? Every Chinese language period in primary school. I hated most of the teachers.
32) If you can relieve any moment for half-hour, what would you like to experience again? A PCS lecture with Kangling and Liting beside me.
33) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say? Stop being so selfish.
I like questionnaires. I’ll be doing more of these during the school term.