My fringe wasn’t falling the right way and my hair is jus a bunch of frizz so I had to bun it up. Long hours made it the perfect messy bun somehow.
I used a second rubber band to secure it because I do not know how bobby pins work, like, it’s magic. I know how to ‘stick’ it into my hair but I don’t know how to secure it and that’s just sad.
This is a scheduled post. It’s 17, Wednesday, 12.30 AM and current celebrity crush is Dylan O’Brien. He was so cute on The Internship and he just had to be gorgeous on the Maze Runner. I can’t stop talking about The Maze Runner. It wasn’t enjoyable because it’s thrilling and I hate thrills but omg, the questions, the rules of the glade, the glade, I love it. I love stories about new people joining in and the ‘seniors’ had to walk the kid through the rules. My favourite part is the explanation. Like Mean Girls when they talk about the different tables in the cafeteria. I like classification and labels in movies because it makes this so much more interesting. Why are there labels? Who labeled them? Why are they in this category and not the other? That includes vampires stories because they have a hierarchy too.
Some more examples are Divergent, The Vampire Academy, The Mortal Instruments, Twilight (shut up), Gossip Girl and Harry Potter. I can’t watch them alone though because I hate anything with suspense and thrills because they give me a heart attack and I do not like the adrenaline rush.
I had no idea this would turn out to be a movie talk. Goodnight everyone.
Splitting this into 2 different series. Probably 3.
Inspired by one of Mandy Faith’s posts. I am still running through her posts every now and then.
I like this life. Ad hoc work, no commitments, 9 hours of school a week, this semester is ending in less than a month. The annoying part is you can’t fully enjoy things because there are assignments at the back of your mind. Of course, this won’t last and that’s nice to know.
Aunty Melody came back from Greece (work trip but my uncle was so excited about all the sight seeing that he extended it an extra 10 days for them, haha). Despite coming up money for my party, she gave me another birthday present to my surprise; my very own Prada wallet!
It was between this zip-around wallet and a trifold. I got this zip-around one because I’ve never had one and it’s bigger (bigger = more mature. Kidding). Plus it’s gorgeous. The other one was a trifold and I love trifolds. The current Coach one is a trifold so by choosing it, the change is less drastic and it’s smaller. Got some friends to choose it (Kaiyan, Gladys, Waiyee and Minjia. Javis played a part too! Haha) and they all went for the zip-around one because honestly, the trifold one’s logo is weirdly spaced.
I’m hesitant in changing my wallet because there is nothing wrong with my Coach one but I can’t waste this
Wanted to put it on Instagram but lol………………….. never mind. Along with my new matte black nails with gold half moons. My hand is oddly placed anyway. Cutting my nails after I remove this set.
It doesn’t get any classier than black and gold wallet and nails. I’m a lucky girl.
Talked a lot of shit while eating Macs until 12.30am with Zhenliang. I had coke and just washed my hair so that means I can’t sleep right away and I am fine with that.
I actually took these pictures and edited them quite awhile ago but I didn’t want to do anything with photos hoots for this particular period. It wasn’t anything major, I just didn’t felt like doing it and I don’t force myself to do things I am unhappy with. That’s right. Walk away from anything that makes you unhappy.
I bought these flowers to commemorate Mandy Faith. She takes some of the best photos I’ve ever seen and I have never felt more inspired by anyone but her. Every time I visit her blog, it’s a wave of excitement for my next photo shoot and new ideas form. I don’t feel jealous of her nor envy, just, I really want to hang out with her someday kind of a feeling. Jenny Sun makes me demoralise but Mandy, she lets me know that I can do it as well as her. She gives tutorials and photography tips selflessly and I’ve never found her advertorials annoying. I’ve been following her since 2012. I forgot how I discovered her, actually. She is from Malaysia and is either 1-2 years younger or older than I am or the same age. I can totally picture us being friends.
So the sad fate is that she passed away in February this year from the Winter flu bug and when Mandy (my Mandy) told me over brunch, I was in total. Shock. Like okay, “I was just scrolling past her Instagram a few days ago.” I couldn’t accept it. I couldn’t accept I didn’t even comment once on any of the photos to tell her how lovely her photos are, how much she inspires me and how much I would like to meet her.
So I wrote this super long comment about how I felt towards her and everything on a random photo so the chances of one reading it is lower. It took me awhile to accept that I won’t see new posts on her blog or on her Instagram forever.
She had this post where she got a bunch of pink roses so when I saw this shopping selling them, I knew I had to get at least one, take photos of it and do this post about her. She taught me the wonders of Photoshop and I have created so many wonderful pictures. I wish I had let her know that.
I like to think that she’s taken away because she has done more than enough on this Earth. The amount of people she inspired with her photos; the way she displays her things, making photos look vintage, travelling around the UK because she is pursuing her studies there. She did have a wonderful life.
I would like to thank her, for inspiring me so much. She has definitely inspired many others as well. I really wish I wasn’t so late in telling her all of this.
Thank you. RIP Mandy Faith.
It’s about 2am now and I deserve sleeping this late because I procrastinated on some projects (yes, I call my stuff projects now). It’s a surprise and I’m really excited to share it with you guys soon! But now, I want to use up all my brain juice to answer these.
1: Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Closed.
2: Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel? I would if I remember!
3: Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? Tucked in!
4: Have you ever stolen a street sign before? No.
5: Do you like to use post-it notes? No.
6: Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? No.
7: Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees? Can I not be attacked, omg.
8: Do you have freckles? No.
9: Do you always smile for pictures? Yes, always picture-ready!
10: What is your biggest pet peeve? People who bite their nails came off at the top of my head.
11: Do you ever count your steps when you walk? No.
12: Have you ever peed in the woods? No.
13: What about pooped in the woods? No.
14: Do you ever dance even if theres no music playing? No.
15: Do you chew your pens and pencils? Ew, no.
16: How many people have you slept with this week? None.
17: What size is your bed? Queen.
18: What is your Song of the week? Bang Bang Bang by Kurt Schneider, Max Schneider and Sam Tsui.
19: Is it okay for guys to wear pink? Of course.
20: Do you still watch cartoons? Yes I do.
21: Whats your least favorite movie? Any horror shows that I ever agreed to watch.
22: Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? By the beach. You find treasure by the beach so I can give someone a chance to find treasure.
24: What do you dip a chicken nugget in? CURRY SAUCE only.
25: What is your favorite food? Jelly.
26: What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Mean Girls.
27: Last person you kissed/kissed you? Javis.
28: Were you ever a boy/girl scout? Yes I was. Brownies count.
29: Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? No.
30: When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? Last week to Mandy Ong.
31: Can you change the oil on a car? No.
32: Ever gotten a speeding ticket? No.
33: Ever ran out of gas? No.
34: Favorite kind of sandwich? Egg, cheese and buttered toast.
35: Best thing to eat for breakfast? Scambled eggs.
36: What is your usual bedtime? Like 12. What the heck kind of timing is this.
37: Are you lazy? Super.
38: When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? A witch.
39: What is your Chinese astrological sign? Rooster
40: Are you horny? No.
41: Do you have any magazine subscriptions? My family buys 8 days every week.
42: Which are better legos or lincoln logs? Legos.
43: Are you stubborn? No.
44: Who is better…Leno or Letterman? Letterman. I’ve never watched Leno.
45: Ever watch soap operas? No.
46: Are you afraid of heights? Yes.
47: Do you sing in the car? Yes.
48: Do you sing in the shower? No.
49: Do you dance in the car? No.
50: Ever used a gun? Yes, at shoot blanks.
51: Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? A month ago.
52: Do you think musicals are cheesy? Nope.
53: Is Christmas stressful? It’s joyful.
54: Ever eat a pierogi? No.
55: Favorite type of fruit pie? Apple pie.
56: Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? I heard I wanted to be a bus driver so I can travel all around Singapore.
57: Do you believe in ghosts? Yes.
58: Ever have a Deja-vu feeling? Yes
59: Take a vitamin daily? Yes.
60: Wear slippers? Yes.
61: Wear a bath robe? No.
62: What do you wear to bed? I’m in my hello kitty pyjamas and I am not a hello kitty fan.
63: First concert? San Tsui.
64: Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart? I wish we have Target.
65: Nike or Adidas? Adidas.
66: Cheetos Or Fritos? Cheetos.
67: Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? Peanuts
68: Ever hear of the group Tres Bien? No.
69: Ever take dance lessons? Yeah, took.
70: Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? He wants to be a doctor so doctor it is.
71: Can you curl your tongue? I can.
72: Ever won a spelling bee? No.
73: Have you ever cried because you were so happy? Yes.
74: Own any record albums? No.
75: Own a record player? No.
76: Regularly burn incense? No.
77: Ever been in love? Yes.
78: Who would you like to see in concert? BTS.
79: What was the last concert you saw? Sam Tsui.
80: Hot tea or cold tea? Both
81: Tea or coffee? Both.
82: Sugar or snickerdoodles? Snickerdoodles.
83: Can you swim well? No.
84: Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? Yes
85: Are you patient? Yes
86: DJ or band, at a wedding? Band.
87: Ever won a contest? I have this feeling I did but I don’t think I did.
88: Ever have plastic surgery? No.
89: Which are better black or green olives? Neither.
90: Can you knit or crochet? Knit
91: Best room for a fireplace? living room.
92: Do you want to get married? yes
93: If married, how long have you been married?
94: Who was your HS crush? Secondary school? I didn’t have one.
95: Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? No.
96: Do you have kids? No.
97: Do you want kids? Yes, preferbly twins.
98: Whats your favorite color? Blue.
99: Do you miss anyone right now? I do but I’ll be seeing him tomorrow.
1. Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it? Yeps, he meant it.
2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now? I only like people who are the same age as me. Not older, not younger, just born in 1993.
3. When’s the last time you were aggravated and happy at the same time? Yesterday, Javis said I cooked too much pasta for the both of us.
4. Would you ever smile at a stranger? I would.
5. Is there someone mad because you’re dating/talking to the person you are? Nah, it’s been over two years. If there is, that someone needs to search for a higher purpose.
6. Have you heard a song that reminds you of someone today? No.
7. What exactly are you wearing right now? Famine camp t-shirt and black FBTs.
8. How often do you listen to music? Whenever I feel like it.
9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more? FBTs, haha.
10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2013? This is an old post.
11. Are you a social or an antisocial person? Social. I’m a Carlsberg, hahaha.
12. Have you ever kissed someone whose name begins with the letter ‘A’? On the cheek.
13. What about ‘R’? No.
14. Can you drive a stick shift? No, I can’t. Too much of a loser to go for that.
15. Do you care if people talk badly about you? No.
16. Are you going out of town soon? If December is considered soon, haha.
17. When was the last time you cried? Last Friday when Mireille showed me horribly touching comic. Both of us teared.
18. Have you ever told someone you loved them? Yes. I think people should know.
19. If you could change your eye color, would you? I would. Greenish blue.
20. Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for? Yeah.
21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having. When I was about the pay, I was 25 cents short and the cashier doesn’t accept NETS.
22. Is it cute when guys kiss you on your forehead? It is.
23. Are you dating the last person you talked to? I am.
24. What are you sitting on right now?My marbled floor.
25. Does anyone regularly (other than family) tell you they love you? Yes.
26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have? No, I haven’t.
27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night? Javis.
28. Do you get a lot of colds? I don’t.
29. Where is the shirt you are wearing from? From Famine Camp!
30. Does anyone hate you? I hope not.
31. Do you have any empty alcohol bottles hidden somewhere in your room? I don’t.
32. Do you like watching scary movies? I hate them.
33. Do you want your tongue pierced? No. I like eating too much.
34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be? 2006.
35. Did you have a dream last night? Nope.
36. When was the last time you told someone you loved them? Yesterday.
37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years? No.
38. Do you think someone has feelings for you? Yes.
39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now? He better be.
40. Did you have a good day yesterday? I did. It was the best day and the month has just started.
41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship? Yep.
42. In the next 48 hours, will you hang out with a girl? I won’t, haha.
43. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you? Yep.
44. What’s the best part about school? The computer labs.
45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook? I do.
46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school? I did.
47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head? I do.
48. Were you single over the last summer? No.
49. Is your life anything like it was two years ago?I make sure I have time for myself now.
50. What are you supposed to be doing right now? My Stats assignment.
51. Do you hate the last guy you had a conversation with? I don’t.
52. Are you nice to everyone? I am.
53. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to? Javis, hahaha. He was annoyinf when I first met him.
54. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat? Yes I can.
55. Are you good at hiding your feelings? I’m not. It’s not healthy anyways.
56. Do you think you like someone? I love someone.
57. Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’? Er, yeah, HAHA.
58. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys? Girls. Boys take things too lightly and I like to have long deep talks about my problems.
59. Has anyone of your friends ever seen you cry? Yeah. I’m a cry baby.
60. Do you hate anyone? I don’t.
61. How’s your heart? It’s calm.
62. Is there something that happened in your past that you hate talking about? Yep.
63. Have you ever cried over a guy? I have.
64. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now? I don’t know hahaha.
65. Are your toenails painted pink? It’s not.
66. Will your next kiss be a mistake? It won’t be.
67. Girls love it when boyfriends cry; correct? Yes! Haha. I love it when they don’t act tough.
68. Have your pants ever fallen down in public? No.
69. Who was the last person you were on the phone with? My mom.
70. How do you look right now? Comfortable but horrible looking.
71. Do you have someone you can be your complete self around? I do.
72. Can you commit to one person? Yes.
73. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to? Yep.
74. Have you ever felt replaced? I think so? Okay, no.
75. Did you wake up cranky? I don’t. I wake up fresh.
76. Are you a jealous person? I am, lol. Don’t mess with me.
77. Are relationships ever worth it? Of course
78. Anyone you’re giving up on? Trying not to give up on.
79. Currently wanting to see anyone? Yes.
80. Name something you have to do tomorrow? Party prep.
81. Last person you cried in front of? Mireille.
82. Is there someone you will never forget? Yes.
83. Do you think the person you have feelings for is protective of you? Yeah.
84. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now? Watching Harry Potter.
85. Are you over your past? Yes. I looked at it in the eye and walked away.
86. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex? Nope. Best friends should just stay as they are.
87. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to? Yep.
88. If your first true love knocked on your door with apology and presents, would you accept? I accept the apology but not a relationship, haha.
89. So, the last person you kissed just happens to arrive at your door at 3AM; do you let them in? Of course.
90. Have you ever liked someone who your friends hated? No, I don’t.
91. Will you be in a relationship in 2 months? I would.
92. Is there anyone you know with the name Michael? No, haha.
93. Have you ever kissed a Matthew? No.
94. Were you in a relationship in January? How was it going? I was. It was going great because that was our 1.5 year old mark.
95. Were you happy with the person you liked in March? Yes.
96. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive? Yes.
97. Who do you have texts from? I can’t type out that many names.
98. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say? That never happened before but hmmm, I guess I’ll be like “Okay.” His happiness over mine, right?
99. Have you ever kissed someone older than you? A few months, yes.
100. Who’s in your profile picture with you? Mandy.
101. Ever kissed under fireworks? Have I??? I don’t think so.
102. Has anybody ever given you butterflies? Yes.
I had a lot of fun doing this actually, haha.
I just had to post this up, haha. Wongfu is super underrated (they only have 2 million subscribers?!?!?!). They make amazing short drama series and I love everything from the message of the video, the videography, the voices.. I have loved them since I saw Strangers, Again (it’s another godly video about the stages of a relationship). I really wish they they will make it big in this world because really, more people should take notice of them.
This is the stages after a break up. It’s so relatable, lol. I would say I am not as lucky to have been a dump-er. I was always the dump-ee. I took both relationships I had in the past really seriously so when the break ups happened, it really feels like someone tore out your heart and you would rather die. You wish the sun doesn’t rise so you don’t have to get up and face everything. It’s a very bad pain. Not the worst pain in the world, but really painful.
I have friends who are lucky to never suffered a heart break but it’s what you learnt the most from. I actually feel sorry for them (okay so they aren’t really lucky) because break ups are really what help you grow and wise up. Knowing that the first person you love isn’t actually the one you are going to end up with, that you can do so much better, learn from the mistakes and be even better in the next relationship.
I have lots of confidence that I won’t be experiencing a break up again. Although, I know that life is unpredictable. If it is predictable, we wouldn’t be growing as a person, would we?
I’m a Victoria Park fan now.